Rich in lauric acid, this super food snack is so healthy that is great as an anti-fungul, anti-bacteria, and healthy for your immune system. It's chocolatey with raw cacao and raw carob powder mixed into it and fun to make with different shapes and molds that you can use to put your touch into them. Chef and Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner Talya Lutzker shares this beautiful snack in this Grokker Premium video.
- 1 cup of coconut oil, heated
- 1/2 cup raw carob powder
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1 tsp keltic sea salt *course grounded, You can use any sea salt you want.
- 1 & 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2/3 cup grounded raw cashews
- 4 tsp maca root
- 1 tsp grounded rose pedals
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
1. In a heated pan with heated water inside place a bowl to melt the coconut butter till you have 1 cup of coconut butter. In another bowl add in 1/2 cup of raw carob powder and 1/2 cup of raw cacao and mix it well together. Once mixed add in 1 tsp of keltic sea salt or any kind of sea salt and then pour the heated coconut oil and mix well together.
2. Once it is mixed well together and it a liquid chocolate consistency pour it back into pyrex cup which was warmed in the pan hot bath. Now take the mixture and pour them into the silicon molds. Fill in to cover the base of the mold not too much. Now place them in the freezer to set for 10 minutes or in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Keep the rest of the chocolate in the chocolate bath to keep it a liquid consistency.
3. Now lets make the almond butter center. Take the 1 & 1/2 cup of butter and add in 1/2 cup of raw honey. Put some coconut oil in if you feel as if the almond butter is too tough. Add in 2/3 cups of grounded raw cashews and 4 tsp of macs root. Finish off with 1 tsp of grounded rose pedals and mix well together. Add more melted coconut oil if it is tough to mix together.
4. Take out the chocolate mold from the freezer or refrigerator and now place the almond butter on top of the chocolate base in the mold. Give the chocolate mixture in the hot bath a quick stir and then pour it on top of the almond butter in the chocolate mold. Pour just enough to cover the almond butter. Put them in the refrigerator for another 20 minutes to set. After 20 minutes turn over the mold and pop out your almond butter cups and your ready to serve them!
This video first published here. Grokker is an online video network featuring thousands of yoga, meditation, fitness, and cooking classes designed to give you the tools you need to lead a healthier life. Whether you want to take a quick stretching break at your desk or do a high intensity workout from your living room, Grokker has the tools you need to fit healthy living into your busy life. Spirituality & Health readers can get started on Grokker for just $1. Use the discount code SPIRITUALITYHEALTH at checkout.