8 Affirmations for New Beginnings
Here are some affirmations for new beginnings, no matter when in the calendar you start to observe your new year.
I love the New Year’s holiday because it feels like a fresh start—a blank notebook to write in, a story untold. And I enjoy all the different ways of celebrating a new year from cultures around the world. I celebrated the start of 2016 with a swanky dinner, cocktail and resolutions, US style, for the start of 2016. Come Chinese Lunar New on Feb. 8th, I’ll roll oranges into the home to encourage prosperity. In April, Songkran is celebrated in Thailand, and children throw water on passerby, symbolizing cleansing and rebirth. In the Jewish faith, the new year, Rosh Hashanah, is greeted in the fall with a shofar, a ram’s horn. And across many cultures, tasty goodies and a clean house are requisite parts of the observation. I remember one boss—the head of a large company—who humbly emptied all the waste baskets in the office each Dec. 31st as the way of starting the new year fresh. Here are some affirmations for new beginnings, no matter when in the calendar you start to observe your new year.
- This year, I choose a path of happiness and wellness.
- I can clearly see the blessings around me.
- I nourish my body with clean food to live well.
- Last year’s mistakes are released; I hold onto only the valuable lessons from them.
- Powerful changes are happening; I welcome and embrace them.
- I am capable of conquering the clutter and creating order in my life.
- Today, I support my body by moving it and growing strong.
- With passion and joy, I am creating my own future.
Do you have powerful affirmations for the new year? If so, share below in the comments.
Kathryn Drury Wagner is a writer and editor based in Los Angeles. Her latest book is Hawaii’s Strangest, Ickiest, Wildest Book Ever!
About the Author