17 Affirmations to Release Negative Thoughts
Let go of those negative thoughts and feel a profound sense of wellbeing wash over you.
In my Kundalini class yesterday, my teacher guided us through a kriya for releasing long-buried negativity. It was challenging—just as she’d warned it would be. The exercise felt interminable, and as I clenched and unclenched my fists, my face started to follow with contortions. And my forearms were, I’m quite certain, on fire. After six minutes of that discomfort, we stopped, and I felt strangely lighter.
Letting go of negative thoughts is like that: It’s such a huge, physical release—a profound sense of wellbeing washes over you. You’ve been wearing a heavy, lead suit, and then you can step out of it, and float onward. Let’s try some affirmations to release the thoughts that may be keeping us from being our buoyant souls.
- I abandon old habits and choose new, positive ones.
- I let go of impatience and trust in God’s plan.
- I choose the contents of my life.
- Obstacles are now falling away easily.
- I no longer resist the lessons I’m learning.
- Other people do not control my emotions; I do.
- I am filled with positive actions.
- I release things that no longer serve me.
- I welcome positivity into my life.
- I am at peace with what is happening.
- Today is a clean slate.
- I am gentle with myself and others.
- I release the need to replay situations in my mind.
- Today, I welcome health and happiness.
- I transform negative energy into love and light.
- I forgive myself and release my worries to the Creator.
- You can’t be both awesome and negative. Choose one. —Karen Salmansohn.
About the Author