14 Affirmations for Trusting Yourself
Our instincts can lead us well, if we can answer the call.
When I signed up to try zip lining on Kauai, I hadn’t given any thought to my fear of heights. I was with my husband and another couple, and we were on a carefree, getaway weekend. Zip lining? Sure, why not... It didn’t occur to me to feel terror, until I was standing upon on the platform like some crazy helmeted stork atop a nest, wearing a harness that seemed entirely too skimpy and trembling. I looked at the guide with uncertainty: I’m supposed to let go and sail across that ravine on this little string of metal? Yet somehow (well, with some coaxing) I released my toes’ death grip on the wooden platform and let gravity do its thing—I was flying. After a few more tries, I was zipping backward.
Life is full of ravines to sail across, if only we are brave enough to leave the platform. What might be awaiting you? A new job? A new relationship? Going into escrow on a home? Our instincts can lead us well, if we can answer the call. Here are 14 affirmations to build trust in oneself.
- I know what I know.
- I hold the wisdom I need.
- I am grounded and aware.
- My intuition is here to guide me.
- I trust I can deal with difficult things.
- Happiness is my natural state.
- Everything I want to be is already within me.
- I am on the right path and my way is clear.
- I believe in my strength, and in life’s generosity.
- Today, all is well and I am safe.
- I have faith in my own insights.
- My inner voice is clear and strong.
- Happiness, peace and love—they are all within me.
- It takes courage to become who I really am.
Do you have an affirmation you use to fully trust yourself? If so, share with us in the comments section below.
Kathryn Drury Wagner is a writer and editor based in Los Angeles. Her latest book is Hawaii’s Strangest, Ickiest, Wildest Book Ever!
About the Author