Affirmations for peace of mind that go beyond “serenity now.”
One of my favorite episodes of Seinfeld is the one where George Costanza’s father, Frank, has been advised by his physician to invoke the phrase “serenity now” as a way of keeping his blood pressure down. But instead of taking deep, cleansing breaths and murmuring this as a soothing mantra for peace of mind, Frank yells “SERENITY NOW!” while thrusting his hands skyward. Used à la Frank, “serenity now” is the least calming manta ever. And yet when chaos reigns in my home, doing it his way reminds me to smile and go with the moment.
The truth is, peace and calm can be hard to come by. There are many disruptive forces in our modern lives, and our busy minds start to babble as a result. There’s the nonstop ping of technology. Stressful workplaces. And the world at large, egad. Is it any wonder we need some peace of mind? Some—dare I say it—serenity now?
Try These Affirmations for Peace of Mind
- All I need to do right now is breathe.
- My mind is still and smooth, like a lake at dawn.
- I am safe; all is well.
- A warm, peaceful energy surrounds me and those I love.
- I step outside, bringing tranquility with me into the world.
- I connect with what is peaceful and good around me.
- Inside me lies a great reservoir of calmness.
- I discover peace in those around me and respond to them with peace.
- Exhaling, I let my shoulders drop and become utterly relaxed.
- I let go of anxiety and embrace calm.
- I can easily shift my heart to feel peace.
- My need to feel calm is being fully met.
Following affirmations for peace of mind, try these three poses for neck and shoulder tension.