“Anxiety isn’t trying to limit me but free me from a situation that no longer feels good.”
Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the United States, affecting 40 million adults age 18 and older (18.1 percent of the population) every year.
I myself was diagnosed with clinical depression and extreme anxiety over a decade ago and went on a personal growth journey that led to my spiritual awakening. I turned my attention away from the drama of the world that I had no control over and instead focused on the inside (what I can control). With mindfulness, meditation, self-care, personal growth, and strong spiritual practices, including affirmations and oracle cards, I was able to heal my anxiety and depression.
[Read: “Oracle Cards for Beginners.”]
Still, it can be hard to feel calm and hold peace when things seem to be falling apart. If you are overwhelmed by life and the negative aspects of the world, tune your attention to the moment with intention and love. Start by focusing on what is going well and detach from the negativity.
Powerful Affirmations for Staying Calm in the Chaos
- I prioritize self-love and self-care.
- Out of difficulties grow new beginnings. I trust the process.
- I allow myself to feel. It is a detox for my soul.
- Forgiveness will set me free.
- My anxiety is not based on reality. It is a form of fear separating me from divine love.
- Instead of focusing on the angst, I focus on healing the pain.
- When peace is my priority, negativity cannot exist.
- I can radically change my results by shifting my beliefs.
- Anxiety isn’t trying to limit me but free me from a situation that no longer feels good.
- I embrace the moment and feel what I need to reveal and heal.
Don’t ignore feeling overwhelmed—read “Lessons From an Emotional Detox.”