Rooted in the Christian Quaker tradition of contemplation that inspires action, Earlham School of Religion prepares theologically diverse students for a pluralistic world. Our curriculum unites spiritual formation, academic study, social engagement, and vital ministry.
certifications, programs, or training available
- Master of Arts: Theopoetics & Writing (residential or distance)
- Master of Arts in Peace & Social Transformation (fully residential)
- Master of Divinity/Ministry (residential or distance)
- Master of Arts in Religion (residential or distance)
- Certificates: Quaker Studies, Spiritual Exploration, Spiritual Formation, Quaker Spirituality, Spirituality in a Multifaith World, Writing as Ministry, Entrepreneurial Ministry, and Bivocational Ministry (residential or distance)
- Occasional Student & Audit Program
Fall Semester: Late August – Early December.
Spring Semester: Late January – Early May
2-week intensives: January, May & August
Degrees and single courses: $600/credit hour + semester fees.
Certificates: 25% discount on tuition.
“As a graduate seminary student in theopoetics & writing, I am expanding my work on mental health and faith. ... Anyone who has ever turned to the pen or the page to heal what was hurting can find community and inspiration in my work.”
—Lynette Davis, Master of Arts in
Theopoetics & Writing Student