Allow these affirmations for forgiveness to help wash away the pain of resentment and guide you into a more loving and joyful life.
“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” - Nelson Mandela
That quote from Mandela has helped me many a time. Knowing that holding a grudge toward another can be more harm to myself than to the person I am upset with and behooves me to move past resentment to a more compassionate stance.
Forgiveness is a virtue of the warrior spirit. It’s like taking a giant weight off your shoulders and the other person doesn’t necessarily have to change, say “thank you,” or otherwise. It’s no one’s duty but your own to clear out negative feelings and resentment, and your body-mind will thank you.
Here are some forgiveness affirmations to help wash away the pain of resentment to a more loving, fresher, cleaner and joyful life.
- I am free from the prison of resentment.
- Resentment replicates old turmoil and I choose my life to be drama free.
- I do not confuse people from my past with people in the present.
- I acknowledge my faults and forgive myself completely.
- I make peace (inside) with anyone who has done wrong.
- Forgiveness is a gift to myself.
- I follow the principle of “live and let live.”
- My parents did the best they could. I forgive them for any wrong that they unknowingly did and forgive myself for holding a grudge against them.
- When I forgive myself, it becomes easier to forgive others.
- Forgiveness gives me a fresh start and a clean slate.
- I forgive to stop the negative karmic cycle in my life.
- Each day is filled with new possibilities.
- Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
- The past is done. I now live in the present.
- I am the architect of my future.
- I am a pioneer of the future and not a prisoner of the past.
- I am forgiving, loving, gentle and kind to everyone.
- I lay down the heavy weight of doubt, shame, guilt, embarrassment and self-hate.
- Intention is my catalyst for my ideal future.
- I am capable of moving beyond my own mistakes.
- I am able to heal from the hurt of my past.
- I am worthy of all the compassion and kindness in the world.
- I forgive myself one day at a time.
- I release the pain of anger and rage from my body.
- I release my past and forgive my participation in it.
- I accept my past and learn from it.
- I practice understanding and compassion.
- I did the best I could at the time with what I knew.
- I have the courage to heal any wound.
- I will treat myself with love and respect.
- I love myself and all that I am.
- I go with the flow.
- I grow more patient and understanding of others by forgiving myself.
- I cease all self-judgement and self-sabotage.
- I the energy of love and forgiveness to surround me.
- I grow stronger and better every day.
- I forgive so that I can have inner peace.
- I can only help others by forgiving myself.
- Understanding is the highest form of love.
- Old, negative patterns no longer hold me back. I let them go with ease.
- I forgive everyone in my past for all perceived wrongs. I send them loving energy and wash it out of my aura.
- All is love.