As amazing as it looks, this latte is also one of the healthiest, most loving things you can do for your body.
1 or 2 medium-size tumbled Amethyst stones, cleansed
2 cups hibiscus or mulberry tea
1 cup oat milk (or nondairy milk of your choice)
1 tablespoon maqui berry powder, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon maca powder
1 tablespoon liquid crystal silica
2 teaspoons tocos rice bran powder
1 teaspoon locally harvested honey (Manuka, if you feel like splurging)
3 drops of colloidal silver
Dried lavender buds, for garnish
- At least 72 hours in advance, follow the instructions (below) using the Amethysts to make an Amethyst gem elixir.* You’ll need at least 2 cups elixir for this recipe.
- Put the hibiscus or mulberry tea in a large glass measuring cup or heat- safe pitcher. Bring 2 cups of the Amethyst gem elixir to a boil in a small saucepan and pour it over the tea. Steep the tea until it has a rich, jewel- tone hue to get all the crystal-y goodness in there. Discard hibiscus or mulberry tea leaves when done.
- Add the oat milk to the tea and stir to combine. Add the maqui, coconut oil, maca, silica, tocos, honey, and colloidal silver.
- To mix the ingredients and simultaneously add a nice froth, use a handheld milk frother. Place the frother right in the glass for 15 to 30 seconds, or more, as desired, to up the cozy vibes. Alternatively, pour the tea mixture into a saucepan and whisk vigorously over low heat for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Garnish with some maqui berry powder and dried lavender buds.
As amazing as it looks, this latte is also one of the healthiest, most loving things you can do for your body. Enjoy!
*For extra crystalline magic, you can also infuse your Amethyst elixir with polished Rose Quartz or Citrine.
You will need Amethyst tumbled crystals (meaning they have been smoothed and polished in a crystal tumbler):
- Cleanse your stones by soaking them overnight, but not more than eight hours, in a glass container using sparkling mineral water. Cover the container top with a napkin or cloth.
- Pour out the soaking water and replace with 8 ounces of still spring water overnight or longer, keeping the container out of the sun.
- Now the elixir is ready.
Excerpted from Crystal RX by Colleen McCann. Reprinted in arrangement with Dey Street Publishers, an imprint of Harper Collins.