A preview of our latest issue.
The Next 20 Years We went back to our roots to see what the future might bring. by Robert Owens Scott
Become Shameless A decade ago, Pastor Nadia Bolz-Weber launched the wildly successful House for All Sinners and Saints to have a church where she “didn’t have to ‘nicen’ myself up.” Now, she’s given that church up to make sex safe from religion. A conversation with Nadia Bloz-Weber by Stephen Kiesling.
Rewiring My Brain “So, what are you doing now?” my well-meaning friends would ask after I had quit my job with no apparent employment or other occupation in sight. The only honest answer I could give was to say, “I’m rewiring my brain.” by Stephen Blackmer
Roadside Assistance in the Holy Land We asked Rami Shapiro to journey with 30 fellow seekers to this ancient flashpoint of world religions. Our question for the Rabbi was: “What does mature spirituality look like?” by Rami Shapiro
Plan Your Retreat! A special section to experience ayurveda, bring out your creativity, try a wellness program, explore another culture, and quiet your mind.
INNER & OUTER WORLDS
Inner Life - Dining at the smorgasbord of world religions; What are you in service to? Starting our church
Practice - Do no harm to those you love
Enlightened Diet - Basic supplements for better moods
Healthy Body - Our good gut bugs may be going extinct!
Relationships - A gay marriage in a Catholic church
Biosphere - Our “Go Kit” for the zombie apocalypse; The evolution of evolution
Roadside Assistance for the Spiritual Traveler - Is it Trump's Fault? By Rabbi Rami Shapiro
Our Walk in the World: To Participate in Reality By Mark Nepo
The Happiness Track: Religious Experiences Really do Unite Us By Emma Seppala
The Heart of Money: What to Look for in Conscious Corporations By Paul Sutherland
Poetry: The Door
Toolbox: Recovery Room
- Say What You Mean: A Mindful Approach to Nonviolent Communication by Oren Jay Sofer
- The Magic Feather Effect: The Science of Alternative Medicine and the Surprising Power of Belief by Melanie Warner
- Silence: A Social History of One of the Least Understood Elements of Our Lives by Jane Brox
- The Whole-Body Microbiome: How to Harness Microbes—Inside and Out— for Lifelong Health by B. Brett Finlay PhD and Jessica M. Finlay PhD
- Dionysus by Dead Can Dance
- The Spirit of the Earth by Philip Glass and Daniel Medina de la Rosa and Erasmo Medina
- Holler by Amy Ray
- What They Had by Elizabeth Chomko
- The Providers by Laura Green and Anna Moot-Levin
- Weed The People by Abby Epstein
Be the Change Award: Buddhist Pathways Prison Project
Five Questions: Jon Kabat-Zinn and Philip Glass