10 Ways to Raise Your Vibration
Your frequency impacts every aspect of your life. The good news: You have the power to up your frequency at any moment. Here is how to raise your vibration.
According to universal law and the science of quantum physics, everything in the universe is fundamentally made of pure energy.
This energy is constantly moving, oscillating, and vibrating at varying speeds. Though we have flesh and bones, we, too, are essentially just energy moving at a rapid pace, and that energy has a vibrational frequency.
Perhaps you’ve never thought about your frequency before, but it impacts every aspect of your life. You create your own reality, and like attracts like.
By the law of attraction, you magnetize or repel all experiences, people, and circumstances into your life—even ones that appear to be coincidental or accidental in nature. Similar to radio waves that are heard clearly but remain unseen, your vibrational frequency emanates from your cumulative thoughts, emotions, and consciousness, and is continually being broadcast out into the universe.
This broadcast then attracts similar experiences, people, and opportunities—good or bad. A high oscillating vibration attracts more high frequency, spiritually uplifting, or “positive” experiences in life. A low vibration attracts the opposite.
To determine your frequency, it’s simple: Pay close attention to your feelings. When you hold positive thoughts in your heart and mind, you feel happy, inspired and content; when you hold negative thoughts, you feel grouchy, angry or sad. The better you feel, the higher your frequency will be; the worse, the lower.
As the creator of your life, the good news is that you have the power to change your frequency at any moment. Even something as simple as laughing (laughter is the best medicine) or being creative can get the positive juices flowing.
Alternatively, what you don’t do can also have a dramatic impact on your energy field. For example, abstaining from known stimulants or depressants like caffeine, refined sugar, alcohol, and drugs (which produce short-term euphoria, but always end in a crash) will keep you out of the doldrums.
Here are 10 ways to raise your vibration:
1. Meditate. According to countless studies, including one conducted by a Harvard Medical School team led by Sara Lazar, PhD, the practice of meditation permanently strengthens the most evolved portion of the human brain, the frontal lobe, which is linked to increased abstract thought, cognitive reasoning, creativity, and positivity.
It also triggers the brain to release naturally occurring neurotransmitters, including dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and endorphins, which are linked to different aspects of happiness—from simple pleasure to a deep sense of calm.
Regardless of your religious orientation or which method you choose to meditate, sitting still for even five minutes a day can help you clear your mind; confront and minimize negative conscious and unconscious thinking patterns; and connect to the divine space within that transcends thoughts, feelings, and circumstance. Over time, this practice will raise your energetic frequency and contribute to a happier, more uplifted experience of yourself, others, and the world at large.
2. Unplug from the matrix. Although computers, smartphones, etc., are great for staying connected, all electronic devices emit subtle, invisible electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) that may negatively impact your energy field and drain your spiritual life force.
To limit your exposure, use these devices for no more than two hours at a time before taking a break. At night, before going to sleep, turn off all Wi-Fi equipment and unplug the router to prevent interference with your circadian rhythm, which can cause you to awaken less rested. If breaking with technology even for a few hours a day seems difficult, start small with a tech detox one hour a day just after work hours, and, eventually, work yourself up to one tech-free day per week.
3. Bathe. Ever heard of people who get their best ideas in the shower? That’s because cleansing helps wash away unseen energy patterns from the body’s aura (including those picked up from others and accumulated throughout the day), making room for new creative thoughts and positive energies that are always seeking to guide us.
If you’re a bather, just a 20-minute soak in healing Epsom or Celtic Sea salts can help detoxify your astral energy field, invigorate your chakras, and soothe aching muscles. Where possible, use natural, organic soap that is free of toxins, artificial chemicals, and fragrances (which weaken the aura). In a pinch, just washing your face and hands can help freshen your perspective. For extra energy cleansing, try the Native American ritual of smudging with sage, cedar, lavender, or sweetgrass. You can smudge yourself or another person, as well as objects, rooms, and even an entire house!
4. Spend time with positive people. It’s been said that you become the sum of the five people with whom you spend the most time, so take a good look at your social circle and make sure it’s elevating—not suppressing—your vibrational frequency.
Not sure if those around you are friends or frenemies? Take a look at how you feel and how you behave when you’re with them. Are you your most authentic, empowered self, or do you put on a mask that disguises or demeans who you truly are? After spending time with the friend or group in question, do you feel uplifted, empowered, and content, or drained, angry, and depressed? Be honest—even if it means breaking with tradition and switching up your social circles. Your spiritual health depends upon it.
5. Move your body. In addition to anti-aging, mood, and metabolic benefits, even small amounts of physical exercise can raise your vibration. Whether it’s walking, running, swimming, spinning, or practicing tai chi or yoga, physical exercise can help get you out of mental or emotional ruts and boost healthy endorphins.
It doesn’t matter how much you sweat; the key is moving through and away from astral energies that could be weighing you down in your current environment. If possible, exercise outside or somewhere in nature. Just noticing the trees, feeling your feet rooted in the grassy earth, and breathing in fresh air will help you transcend the concerns of mundane human existence and reconnect with your higher self.
6. Organize your environment. According to organizational expert Karen Kingston, author of Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui, when a client tells her they’re sad or depressed, the first thing she asks them to do is clean out a drawer.
This is because our physical environment mirrors our emotional state. Just as cleanliness is next to godliness, a cluttered home is a sure sign of a cluttered mind. Even chores as simple as taking out the trash, washing the dishes, vacuuming a room, or making your bed in the morning can have a measurable impact on your state of mind and provide an instant energy boost.
7. Serve others. As the saying goes, you get to keep what you give away. Countless studies have shown that those who volunteer their time regularly toward worthy causes in service to others and the world are happier, healthier, and more personally fulfilled.
The next time you’re feeling overwhelmed or pressed for time to accomplish all of the tasks on your ever-growing to-do list, stop by your local food bank, spiritual center, or homeless shelter, and pitch in for an hour or two. Just the simple act of taking the focus off of your own problems and opening up to share with others will move you into greater alignment with the natural flow and grace of the universe.
8. Clean up your diet. You are what you eat. Keep your vibration high and your body strong with a diet largely consisting of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. Regardless of how grass-fed a cow was or how free-range a chicken may have been, when you consume animal flesh, you ingest their vibration at the time of death: fear, terror, and despair.
Despite their purported health benefits, even animal byproducts like cheese, butter, eggs, and honey come at a vibrational price. Your consciousness will be infused with the energy with which those ingredients were extracted from the animal or hive. Even if you’re not ready to give up meat, the next time you’re feeling blue, try this experiment: Abstain from animal products, and eat nothing but minimally processed, live foods and juices. See how you feel—the result may surprise you.
9. Go on a news detox. Feel depressed, anxious, or fearful after watching or reading the news? As it stands, most mainstream news outlets serve a primary purpose: earning profits—and the quickest way to make a profit is by appealing to the lowest human common denominators of fear, greed, and violence.
As merchants of chaos, the mantra of “if it bleeds it leads” dictates what is or is not newsworthy. As a result, a number of spiritual traditions recommend that seekers aspiring to higher states of consciousness refrain from reading and watching the news. Try it for a week and see how you feel.
10. Practice gratitude.
According to Harvard Health, multiple studies have shown that expressing gratitude is associated with positive health outcomes and more happiness. People who wrote a few sentences a week about things they were grateful for in one study, for example, were found to have fewer trips to the physician. You can express gratitude in a journal, as part of a prayer or meditation practice, or in your words with your loved ones, coworkers, and other people you encounter in daily life.
Read about 11 ways to raise your vibration with water.