12 Affirmations for When Conflict Arises
Affirmations to manage and solve conflicts.
If you had a sibling growing up, you probably spent hours quarreling with each other. Pulling hair, wrestling, scratching, biting. Then you got older and graduated to name calling, door slamming and Ye Olde Silent Treatment. Hopefully by now, y’all have worked it out.
Siblings have conflict. Families have conflict. Then we go out into the world, and we find conflict in the workplace. At the voting booths. In the geopolitical arena. Conflict may, in fact, be humans emotional homestasis when we are in a group. I wish it weren’t so. But it seems to be. Now. What are we going to do about it? Since conflict starts at home, and in the workplace, we can address it in those more intimate arenas. We can take this on, ourselves. We can believe that this ripple effect of solving conflict will spread, into the streets, where it is desperately needed, and into the political realm, and into the global sphere. Because it can. Here are some affirmations to get us started.
- I am open to transforming this moment.
- Harmony is developing.
- I’m letting go of judgment.
- I’m mastering my tone of voice.
- I’m listening to the other side of the story.
- There’s no win or lose; let’s find the best way.
- Am I willing to trust?
- I show respect by communicating.
- I ask for God’s grace solving this problem.
- There’s no fear; I don’t need to sweep this under the rug.
- I can harness positive emotions while still dealing with this issue.
- The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. – Niels Bohr
What affirmations when you are facing a conflict? Share in the comments section.
Kathryn Drury Wagner is a writer and editor based in Los Angeles. Her latest book is Hawaii’s Strangest, Ickiest, Wildest Book Ever!, a science and natural history “gross out” for young readers.
About the Author