The Difference Between Spiritual Advisors and Psychics
Sponsored Content from Psychic-Chat.co
What is a spiritual advisor?
Traditionally, spirituality refers to being more attached to religious values or the matters of the spirit instead of being materialistic or fond of worldly matters. However, spirituality has evolved over time and is considered a concept of reaching high levels of consciousness. If a person is spiritual it means he is connected to God, nature and the deepest parts of his own self.
A spiritual advisor is a person who helps in discovering the process of spirituality. They are the trained individuals who provide guidance in one’s spiritual journey. They help in practicing the art of spirituality that balances human success and human expressions.
Use of the term 'spirituality' first started in the 5th century; in the Bible, it meant to be driven by the Holy Spirit or being active with God. However, it got a different meaning in the 11th century and began referring to the mental aspect of life that opposed the material aspect of life. The words “the ecclesiastical sphere of light against the dark world of matter” were used to describe this new meaning. In the13th century, it started to imply the analysis of feelings and psychology of the spiritual life. In the 18th century, its definition changed and a man was considered spiritual if he was a deeper Christian than others. Later in the 20th century, religion was separated from spirituality and it was defined as a blend of eastern religions to disclose one’s own self and reach the true self through free expression and meditation.
What is a psychic?
The word psychic is derived from Greek word psychikos which refers to human mind or psyche. A psychic is a person who claims to use extrasensory perceptions for identifying the hidden meanings and messages that the normal senses are unable to see.
Fortune telling has been a part of the human world since ancient times. The earliest civilization of fortune telling was astrology where powers of stars and planets were used to envisage the human affairs and Earthly matters. Later some of those astrologers claimed that they could foresee the future without using these celestial objects. Their readings and predictions were based on some sort of direct trepidation or visions of the future. They were given the titles of seers or prophets, and later clairvoyants or psychics.
It was believed that psychics received their powers from a god or goddess and their abilities were widely accepted by the people. History tells that these psychics held special places in the royal court with kings and emperors. They were consulted before taking a major decision for the state. However, they faced strict punishment if any reading would go wrong. Many of them performed leadership roles of advisors and priests.
Every psychic has his own ability and specialty. There are different psychic types such as clairvoyants (the ability of clear seeing), clairsentient (the ability to receive messages through feelings or physical sensations), clairaudience (the ability of clear hearing), aura readers, mediumship (communicating with spirits), psychic surgeons and telepaths to name a few.
The differences between Spiritual Advisors & Psychics
The difference is described through their characteristics.
Characteristics of Spiritual Advisors
- They are not materialistic and are completely selfless.
- Spiritual love is the heart of spirituality, so spiritual advisors are full of spiritual love.
- To help others and share the love, they practice a lot.
- Since they are not materialistic, it is common among the spiritual advisors that they do not ask for money or any kind of return for their services.
- Due to their divination and love of God, they are selfless and never portray themselves as prophets or saviors.
- Serving humanity is the core of their lives.
- They are independent because they believe in God and depend only on Him.
- They are people of their words and never deceive others.
Characteristics of Psychics
- Their readings are based on their type and the questions asked by the client.
- They provide their services for monetary return.
- Psychic abilities require much practice to master.
- Psychic abilities can be developed whereas spirituality is an innate feeling.
- They are physically aware and have sensitive personalities.
- Psychics are common persons just like any other human being, but spiritual advisors are the result of extreme meditation and deep connection with the surroundings.
- Psychic services are only for those who seek them; spiritual advisors are people of God and helping others is the aim of their lives.
As mentioned above, there are tremendous differences between Spiritual Advisors and Psychics. Each are appropriate for different situations in life and for different causes. It is important to mention that even though they are very different, they still belong to the same spirituality "family".
If you would like to learn more about Spiritual Advisors or Psychics, please contact us via our blog www.psychic-chat.co. Our blog is free and all articles are written by Lior Keebitz, a young writer who is willing to share his knowledge with others.
About the Author