14 Affirmations to End Your Day
Here are some affirmations to savor the Golden Hour.
My husband, who is a filmmaker, calls it “The Golden Hour.” It’s that hour or so when the sun is considering going down. The sunlight slants, the light starts to filter through the trees, and at least where we live, in California, I can attest that everything really does take on a golden glow. It’s my favorite time of the day. The work slows down. Perhaps there’s a glass of wine. Some snuggles with children. What are your favorite rituals for winding down? Perhaps it’s taking your dog out for a walk, or lighting a fire in the fireplace, or curling up with a good book.
The end of the day has an interesting duality. Because it’s a good time to both disconnect—experts recommend we turn off those electronic screens so that we’ll sleep better later—and to reconnect. With what’s important. With what’s spiritual. With that in mind, here are some affirmations to savor that Golden Hour.
- Spirit, thank you for all the blessings of today.
- I am thankful for the people I encountered today.
- Today, I became a little bit wiser. Thank you.
- I take this moment to see the goodness around me.
- I let go of any worries or concerns and give them to Spirit.
- Today, I did my best. And tomorrow is another day.
- I am at peace. I am loved.
- I welcome and embrace the lessons I learned today.
- I am centered and focused.
- I am committed to the kind of life I envision.
- This evening, I feel gratitude and joy.
- I take what works from today and leave the rest behind.
- I’m winding down for today and all is well.
- Tonight I will sleep well and wake up refreshed tomorrow.
What affirmations do you use to savor the final part of your day? Share with us in the comments section.
Kathryn Drury Wagner is a writer and editor based in Los Angeles. Her latest book is Hawaii’s Strangest, Ickiest, Wildest Book Ever!, a science and natural history “gross out” for young readers.
About the Author