We received an email from Naini Duggal, who is launching a new matchmaking website for spiritually-minded singles called MatchMySpirit.com. We logged in and were intrigued by the questions used to create a personal profile, so we asked how the site came about. Duggal wrote:
“My own path is self-realization fellowship (SRF), and I have been deeply practicing the teachings for a long time. Over the years, I have observed that most spiritual people find it very difficult to find a partner who shares the same vibration. So one day, after a deep meditation, I knew that I had to start this website. After a year of research with spiritual organizations, therapists, and psychologists, my partners and I developed these questions based on practical and spiritual principles. The site is free for now. Most proceeds will be going to children’s charities and orphanages. MatchMySpirit is a labor of love.”
Duggal graciously agreed to share the questions, which can be the basis for self-reflection, an intimate weekend with a new relationship, or, of course, to find the person of your dreams.
- How might you strengthen your moral standards before and after your relationship/marriage?
- What are your spiritual ideals and goals for the future?
- How would you change the world if you got a chance?
- Is your love for God greater than the love you would have for your partner?
- How important is it to you that your partner is on the same spiritual path as you?
- How important is it to you to serve others?
- How important is saving and investment to you?
- How important is it for you to help your partner’s family financially?
- How important is it for you to share financial responsibility with your partner?
- How important is it for you to have children?
- Would it bother you if your partner had children?
- Would you be open to adopting a child?
- Would you be open to attending parenting classes with your partner?
- Will you raise your children spiritually?
- How often would you socialize with your partner in a week?
- How often would you socialize on your own?
- How often would you socialize with your partner’s family?
- How important is marriage counseling to you?
- Would you read self-help books on relationships?
- Would you attend a self-help seminar?