At a particularly low point in my life, I was able to connect to my spiritual side, and what came with that was more balance. Throughout my spiritual practice, I have used many tools to connect with the benevolent energy of the Universe and connect more deeply with the spiritual world. Spending time in nature, practicing meditation, journaling, and using tarot and oracle cards as well as affirmations have all helped me build a stronger relationship to spirit.
The reality is, we have an energic support system around us at all times wanting to help us and support us on our life journey. But it is up to us to reach out and build this connection.
[Try a guided meditation: “Connecting to Spirit.”]
By working with affirmations, you can deepen your relationship with your true self, your spirit guides, and the creator (source of all things). You can tap into an expansive, healing field while you increase your awareness and build up your inner faith muscles. When you build this trust, faith becomes your foundation and inner peace is your constant.
How to Connect With Your Spirit Guides
Center yourself by closing your eyes and getting grounded. Take a deep breath in and let it out slowly. Repeat until you feel yourself align with the moment. Some people like to put on pleasant music or light a candle. Do what feels good and right to you. The important thing is to develop a practice of connecting with the realms of love that works for you.
Once you feel connected to the moment, repeat these affirmations to help support your journey in connecting with spirit guides:
- I am surrounded by love and light. I am protected.
- I am open to the unknown. I clear all fear.
- Let me be still, and listen to the truth.
- I see the light and love in everything.
- I recognize and honor the light inside of me and all around me.
- I am not alone. I have a support system that surrounds and supports me.
- My life is a courageous adventure. I explore the unknown.
- I trust my intuition. I listen to the guidance coming my way.
- I embrace my emotions. When I feel, I heal.
- I let go so I can let myself grow.
- I am open to transformational love.
- I am willing to accept the perfect love of the creator.
- I know the truth by the way it feels.
- I see the world as a kind, loving, and beautiful place.
- I allow myself to receive love.
- Love is around me. Love is inside of me. I am love. I love me.
These affirmations are from Shannon Kaiser’s oracle card deck, Unshakable Inner Peace.
Still working on the connection? Consider these five ways to connect with your spirit guide.