Women often feel blindsided by the many shifts that come with menopause. Although our whole lives involve transitions, during the middle of life, menopause—the lead-up, the onset, the midst, and the aftermath—can feel especially unwelcome.
Changes in sleep, libido, and appearance are just a few of the disruptions menopausal women experience. One thread is common for many, however: the more you know, the better prepared you can be. Luckily, reliable and accurate resources are becoming more readily available.
[Read: “Mastering Menopause: Caring for Ourselves at Midlife.”]
The following affirmations are another tool for your toolbox. Spoken aloud and first thing in the morning, take time to connect with the feelings that arise.
Affirmations for Menopause
- I embrace each day and what shows up in this time of transition.
- As I face the unknown aspects in front of me, I let go of any aspects that are holding me back.
- The need for control will keep me feeling stuck.
- I am willing to soften and open myself to the possibilities ahead.
- I am beautiful through and through; I choose to love myself.
- I reach out and know I have all the resources I need.
- I welcome the importance of the role that I am transitioning into.
- I embody this body, even as it continues to change.
- I am willing to discover parts of myself that I may have overlooked.
- I create time and space to embrace what I want and need.
- I am always enough.
- As I prepare for a restful night sleep, I feel grateful for…
- I welcome the wisdom of the women before me.
- I love and honor myself.
Menopause symptoms got you down? Here’s how to stay positive.