Affirmations for procrastinators allow you to make healthy shifts and minimize guilt or panic.
The deadline is just around the corner, yet you find yourself rearranging the living room, cleaning the bathroom, or shopping for that pair of shoes you’ve been dreaming about. Then you’re suddenly around the corner and panic sets in. Self-criticism and second-guessing may even threaten your ability to meet the obligation.
If you frequently procrastinate, take the opportunity to look at how you work and make some healthy shifts. Minimize the tendency to procrastinate while limiting feelings of guilt and avoid finding yourself in a state of panic. Ultimately, affirmations for procrastinators help nurture your relationship to yourself.
12 Affirmations for Procrastinators
Try structuring and breaking tasks down in combination with the following affirmations to help you minimize or even eliminate procrastination.
- I am capable of achieving what I need to in a timely manner.
- I prioritize two [or three] things that I can accomplish today that work towards my goal.
- I dedicate the next [amount of time] to my task at hand.
- I give myself the next ten minutes of guilt-free procrastination. When the timer goes off I am ready to move forward.
- When I feel like I am struggling, I meet myself with kindness and compassion. I can and will do this.
- I celebrate my personal accomplishments.
- I balance my time between things I need to do and things I want to do.
- I set myself up for success by creating a good environment, playing music, and taking stretch breaks. [Add to or modify to suit your environment.]
- My emails, social media, or any other distractions are on hold until I accomplish my tasks.
- I feel so much gratitude for meeting my personal deadlines.
- Accomplishing what I need to feels joyful and freeing.
- As I shift my habits and mindset, I feel that everything happens in perfect timing.
Are you a procrastinator? Explore how brain structure may explain this tendency.